Pocket Luach - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) app for iPhone and iPad
New UI and compatibility for iOS 7 and iOS 8!
Pocket Luach is an application that converts Jewish dates to and from regular dates. It also displays the name and dates of Jewish holidays and Jewish significant days. Pocket Luach displays the name of the Parasha read on Shabat and holidays.
WARNING: iPhone or Touch OS 7.0 or above is required.
Pocket Luach features are:
* Convert any date from the Jewish Calendar to/from the Civil Calendar
* Display all jewish holidays and significant Jewish events in history
* Display the name of the torah section read on Shabat, Jewish holidays, and Rosh Hodesh
* iPhone Pocket Luach settings tab available to configure the many features of the software
* UI is skinned (may be turned off in the iPhones settings)
* List view that displays all upcoming events (Holidays...)
* List View can generate reports thru email (all days off needed, all Parashot...)
* Time View display praying times for anywhere in the world thru GPS location finding. A default location is definable in the iPhone settings view.
* Time View calculation rules is fully customizable in the iPhones settings. Pocket Luach can therefore match whichever custom you follow.
* A Note View displays built-in comments about a selected date whenever available.
* A Siddur view displays the prayers for morning, afternoon, & evening services. it also displays the prayers after a meal or snack and the prayer said while traveling.
Coming in next update (awaiting Apples approval): a Month View
Check also the Deluxe version which adds many features (among other features: add your own notes and remember your own important dates).
Other solutions exist on the web with similar functionalities but require a live internet access and/or a desktop computer to work. Also, the very fact that they require a live internet connection makes them very slow to use.
Being a native iPhone application, Pocket Luach allows for quick and simple conversion of dates on the go. This is useful for any observant Jew or for Gentiles doing business with observant Jews. For instance, with Pocket Luach, one can quickly make sure a proposed date for an appointment does not fall on a Jewish holiday before finalizing the date.
Pros and cons of Pocket Luach - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) app for iPhone and iPad
Pocket Luach - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) app good for
Works great as it says.
Would like to see the Jewish Year (not just the number) displayed as well.
Hope your future delux version is up soon.
Great app. Luach plus fast loading siddur. Definitely worth the purchase.
Pesach C in Ottawa
An excellent program that continues to get better with each update. Very useful and user friendly. Highly recommend it.
Worth getting if you need a quick English-Jewish calendar converter. A year view (or tabular summary of Jewish holy days) would have been useful (as on other apps of this type for personal computers).
Definatly a 5 star app
Recomend to anyone needs to PRECISE times and dates.
Looking forward to the release of
The Deluxe version.
This helps me to find when to do things. It has made me feel more spiritual.
Some bad moments
I Just installed the light version but can not Open it....it crashes All the Time
I was so happy to see an update finally! And low and behold I now cant see any of the blessings and then it wont let you go back to the reg dates, there are too many bugs in this right now I love what this prog can do but this update came out too quick! Which is funny cause if it took this long.....
This isnt ready for prime time, it isnt ready for anything. The frst two times I used it crashed.
OMG! This update (vs. 2.00) has trashed an otherwise functional app. If you happen to live in a large city and have a constant WiFi and net plug-in, then you may have no trouble. But for the rest of us, theres a lot of frustration here, As an example, even though I set my coordinates correctly (which is far from easy), I am told that on a typical day (I live in Colorado) dawn is at 2:49PM and sunset at 5:49AM!, All the other times follow suit. Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Very simply, dont waste your dollar. Wait for another update and subsequent reviews.
This developer had an application about a year ago and with all its shortcomings is back again... to take more money!
Same shortcomings although he e-mailed us to try his "new program" which he never provided!
Application converts dates well but crashes when you try to do anything interesting.
Consider using a free luach instead until this is fixed!
tebeka software solutions,
and other. So, download free Pocket Luach - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Pocket Luach - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) iOS app used & searched for